Monday, January 16

i've been reading C.S Lewis "Mere Christianity". i originally got it for Ken. he's busy with books on money and real estate so i am reading it. One of the big things that stood out to me is you can't seperate faith & works. it's like asking which blade of the scissor is more important.

.

I've also been reading books by Marcus Buckingham. they talk about focusing on your strengths rather than your weaknesses. An entirely new concept for me. It really makes a team (and a family for that matter) seem so much more logical. you match your weaknesses with other poeple's stregths. (the body of Christ) I don't have to be able to pull off every pieces job. i can just do what i'm good at. how freeing is that. boy i feel good.

2 Comments:

At 16.1.06, Blogger Court said...

c.s. lewis blows my mind!

 
At 18.1.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, tell your brother to read Carlos Royal- at one time in California he was one of the largest property owners. My parents work with him now. Highly succesful and amazing at turning property into a credible investment. He has a book out but I can't remember the title. Later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home